Reflexology is one of the easiest ways to beat stress and anxiety in today’s fast-paced world. From what I hear, a single reflexology session relaxes you enough to put you to sleep.
This session I’m talking about can also be performed by yourself without any external aid, anytime and anywhere. Looks very promising, isn’t it? Keep reading to understand more.
Reflexology is marvelous because it will relax you even while it promotes the repair and healing process of the internal organs. How is that, you ask?
- Reflexology is an alternative form of therapy originating from the ancient Chinese.
- This method or system is based on the principle that our head, hands, feet, and stomach have specific ‘reflex’ points like a map.
- These points are internally connected or linked to various parts of our body, stimulating energy pathways.
- Application of a certain degree of pressure on reflex points can positively affect specific organs.
- This can directly relieve stress, anxiety and restore optimal organ functions
- Reflexology primarily stimulates the brain, pituitary gland, pineal gland and adrenal gland.
Can’t Wait To Try It:
There are times when you are thrown off balance. Sleep eludes you, and even maintaining friendships become a chore. Without visiting a doctor or a pharmacy, anchor yourself with reflexology. There will be no side effects!
1. Reflex Point 1 (Wrist):
- This point is located on your wrist, a little below the hand
- From the base of the palm, measure two times a thumbnail width
- At the point where you see two large veins branch, place your thumb
- You can make a fist to make the veins stand out
- With your hand relaxed, press against the point
- Continue to press until a slight pain is noticed
- Massage the point while holding the pressure
- Perform the same on the opposite wrist
Benefits: You can use the technique every time you feel stressed out. It calms and relaxes you while reducing blood pressure as well.
2. Reflex Point 2 (Palm):
- The point lies below your thumb, between your middle and index fingers
- It is right on the fleshy area near the thumb
- Gently press the thumb of one hand on the reflex point on the other hand
- Slowly curl and straighten them while you maintain the pressure
- Repeat at least 10 times and then perform on the opposite hand
Benefits: It boosts energy by stimulating the adrenal gland and helps you relax.
3. Reflex Point 3 (Nails):
- This one is quite simple
- Place one thumbnail on the other thumbnail
- Pinch the nail in the center and hold the pressure for about 30 seconds
- Repeat the technique with the opposite nail
Benefits: Nail reflexology stimulates the pituitary and endocrine glands. It keeps your hormones in good working order.
4. Reflex Point 4 (Foot):
- You need to be seated and barefoot to perform this technique
- Bring one foot to rest on the knee of the opposite leg
- Ensure you can glimpse the base of the foot
- The point lies at the base of the balls of your foot
- This is slightly above the foot’s arch
- Place your thumb at the base, right at the center
- Apply pressure until you feel slight pain
- Massage the point a little
- Repeat the technique with your other foot
Benefits: Simply, the method helps you sleep by reducing emotional stress.
Similarly, your shoulders have reflex points that you can massage to open up the energy flow and relax. There is so much more to learn about this wonderful method.
Did reflexology catch your attention? Share your thoughts and opinions in the space below. I would love to hear from you.